25 Years & Counting
Sugar Lake Lodge opened in June of 1994. Growing up, I spent my summers living with my grandparents, Alex and Myrle Ruttger, while working for my uncle, Jack Ruttger, at Ruttger’s Bay Lake Lodge. When the opportunity to rebuild Sugar Lake Lodge presented itself, it was Jack who gave me the confidence that Gwynne and I could succeed. Starting a business (and keeping it going) is not an easy feat—there have been many ups and downs—but here we are, 25 years later and counting. We are still family owned & operated, and we plan to keep it that way for generations to come. – Fred & Gwynne Bobich, Owners
Another Minnesota summer is finally here, and we are eager and ready to make it your best ever. Over the winter months, we focus our efforts on upgrading our food choices, services, facilities, and the property as a whole. Consistently improving the overall quality of our resort is one of our top priorities.
Highlights for the 2019 Summer Season at Sugar Lake Lodge
- Those of you with small kids will appreciate our new shuttle service. This eight-passenger cart will be available to get you to and from the beach, pool, marina, and golf course.
- Our chef felt that we weren’t doing enough traditional cooking and has added hand-cut french fries, house-smoked meats, and pan-fried walleye to the menu at Otis’s. We will be utilizing local ingredients and homemade seasonings. And, by popular demand, we will be offering gourmet ice cream by the cone or cup.
- Our free activities schedule will be back on track starting in June, and for you lake-dwellers, our marina will feature a few new surprise water toys.
- You’ll notice in-room updates and improved golf course bunkers with our continued focus on the connection to our natural surroundings.
- We’re thrilled about our new website, where we’ve made it easier than ever for users to quickly and easily find information on our complimentary resort activities, pictures of our cozy lodging accommodations, special discounted offers, booking instructions, and much more.
We have an incredible group of young adults ready to make this summer one of the best ones yet. We can’t wait to welcome you back, away from the business of everyday life, at your second home with your Sugar Lake family!